Currently Listening to: Don't Trust Me - 30H!3
- Christian Dior was born on January 21, 1905 in Granville, France.
- He died on October 24, 1957 (in Montecayini, Italy)
- Christian attended Ecole des Science Politiques in paris where he studied political science
- He served into the French army 1927-1928. was mobilized 1939- 1940 (if anyone wants to explain to me what that means, please do)
- Mostly a couture designer (but his company has now expanded into RTW)
-he was an art dealer 1928-1931 (first indirect steps into the fashion world)
- Freelance designer/ sketch artist 1934-1937
- assistant designer for Piguet 1937-1939
- Head designer Lelong 1941-1946
- Manson Dior first opened in 1947 (the first New York one opened in 1948)
Awards- (not only did her win them, but he now has them named for him)
- Neiman Marcus award (1947)
- Remise de la legion d'honneur a Christian Dior
- Parsons distinguished achievement award (1956)
- by the time he got recognition for his work, he was already middle aged
- he was the one who caused Coco Chanel to come out of retirement becasue of how much she hated his 'New look'
- He published his own book 'Talking about Fashion' in 1954
- You need to know how her really was the king of fashion for 30 years, and has had such an influence on fashion today, especially european
- Yves Saint Laurent was his assistant (if you don't know who that is you really shouldn't be on this webste)
COMPANY DESIGNER HEADS:
Christian Dior 1946-1957
Yves Saint Laurent 1957-1958
Marc Bohan 1958-1989
Gianfranco Ferre 1989-1997
John Galliano 1997- NOW
QUOTES BY CHRISTIAN:
"A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting."
"It is unforgivable to do what one doesn't love, especially if one succeeds."
" My dream is to save woman from nature."