- Born in London, March 17, 1969 (to a cabbie)
- Youngest of 6 kids
- Left school at 16 when he got an apprenticship at Saville Row tailors
- Mastered 6 methods of patten cutting(wish I could do that)
- McQueen's signature is razor sharp tailoring
- 1994- complete masters in fashion design at St.Martins
- His whole collection was bought by Isabella Blow
- He was the chief designer at Givenchy until March 2001
- Creative director at Gucci
- First fashion show was set in an insane assaylum
- called himself the 'pink sheep' of the family
-British Designer of the year 1996, 1997, 2001, 2003
- International Designer of the year by CFDA 2003
-Most excellent Commander of British Empire (given by Queen) 2003
- Menswear designer of the year by GQ Sep. 2007
"If you ask any lady, they want to be taller, they want to be slimmer, you know and they want a waist. I'm not here to make people make people look like a sac of potatoes."
"I don't really belive in flooding the market with loads of goods that don't really mean much, and [you] loose your identity."
"What we do in London is a fantastic pool of talent coming through the colleges we are the fashion world's incubator."
"British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerse thus generating a constant flow of new ideas while drawing in British heritage."
"Classic styles are always being reinvented. A.M, for example mixes traditional fabrics with leapord print collars its the little twist that counts."