Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Good Morning New York


Before I move into the NYU dorms for the rest of my summer, I've been staying at my friend's apartment uptown. For me there are two different New Yorks: uptown and downtown. As anyone who has ever been to New York knows, the two areas could be considered foils- intrinsically linked by land but occupying completely different cultural landscapes. Since I'm from the Upper East Side, its more homely and familiar to me. But since I had the typical UES parents (investment banker dad, stay at home mom) I very rarely ventured below 50th street before the age of 13. So while I'm looking forward to exploring the village this summer, I always enjoy strolling along 5th, Madison, and Park while I can.
So for the past few mornings I've been getting up at 7:30, grabbing a cup of coffee from one of the many cafes and bagel shops and establishing a little area for myself to properly wake up in central park.  I've gotten quite accustomed to this ritual but I don't think I'll ever grow tired of this view. What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww I'm so jealous! I literally want to run away to NYC right now!


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.co.uk

xx

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog