Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Calla Haynes S/S



The S/S 2012 collections are debuting in just over a week, but I can't seem to get this 2011 collection out of my head. Granted, I hadn't seen or heard of Calla Haynes until I read a blurb about her in an outdated issue of Elle Magazine.
Her path to becoming a designer hasn't yet been too out of the ordinary: Calla graduated with a BA from Parsons and later went on to work under Oliver Theyskens at both Rochas and Nina Ricci. The thing I can't seem to push out of my head (and fill it with the multiplying principles of radicans?) are the materials and prints used for the pieces. Shiny isn't really my thing in most cases- if you have to nearly blind people in order to get them to notice your clothes, then they probably weren't interesting to begin with. However, the materials were the perfect compliment to the almost Byzantium mosaic inspired textiles.

Calla Haynes is available at in-store at Opening Ceremony and online.

No comments:

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog