Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Kate Bosworth and Joseph Altuzarra at the CFDAs






The ever-stunning Kate Bosworth and Joseph Altuzarra at the 2012 CFDA awards. Though her designer-date is obviously the mastermind behind her dress, my first thought when she stepped out of her car (well the second- the first was the frustration of the professional photographer standing next to me who shushed me before I could say anything to anybody about who was in the car- he wanted the exclusive first shot before all of the other photogs had finished taking shots of Rachel Zoe and her deadbeat husband) was 'Proenza' because of the tribal-like print and Kate's past history with Jack and Lazaro. Of course, it's possible that the Proenza aesthetic has made its mark on Altuzara's eye as he is, after all, a former intern of theirs (much to the chagrin of the PS boys as they are often grouped into the same coterie of fashion's rising stars- though I feel all three men have moved way past any 'emerging talent' standards and into the realm of classics like Francisco, Alex, and Stella- but that's just me.)
I firmly believe that Kate is one of the stars who can literally look amazing in anything (along with Diane Kruger and Natasha Poly- these women could wear a potato sack and look a million times more beautiful than anyone else at an event) but this dress certainly accentuated her angular bone structure and girlish frame. Plus, she was soooo sweet (note: my somewhat-creepy picture with Kate that looks a bit like I photoshopped a non-so attractive photo of myself next to one of Kate looking like she has back-fat (she doesn't) because it makes me feel better about myself. enjoy.)



1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Hey Luna!
You look lovely in the "Kate and Luna" picture btw. Great intro and love the inner thoughts...

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog