Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

work: Dossier Journal issue eleven | Vanessa Hudgens | A Case of You




Here are the long awaited results of a shoot I worked on for Issue 11 of Dossier Journal with Vanessa Hudgens and Lester Garcia. The editorial, ‘A Case of You,’ was shot by photographer-duo Tom Betterton and Jenny Gage at their home in Brooklyn Heights (which interestingly enough doubled as a part-time nursery school.)
            Besides spending the day pretending that I actually live in a charming brownstone in Brooklyn with an attractive banker husband and J.Crew-ad-ready kids, we shot Vanessa in a range of boudoir-inspired looks, taking her into new territory, sartorially speaking.
            Don’t get me wrong- I was a huge High School Musical fan back in the day. I mean, my sixth grade group won second place in a lip-syncing competition for our expertly choreographed rendition of ‘Bop to the Top.’ Obviously, I played Sharpay.

Recently, however, Ms. Hudgens has acquired a very different portrayal in the media thanks to her roles in controversial films such as Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers and Machete Kills. I don’t necessarily think one side is better than the other, but I do believe that changing and adapting to new audiences expectations is as crucial in Hollywood as it is in fashion. In this editorial Vanessa executed that idea beautifully by taking on an appropriately more demure attitude in the paired-down looks.






Vanessa herself is not a new face to me- her and her adorable boyfriend frequently attend weekly masses with me at Hillsong Church in New York City. If you ever find yourself in the city on a Sunday afternoon I would highly suggest you try going to a service at Irving Plaza near Union Square. Even if your main objective is to stare a hole into the side of Austin Butler’s head (don’t worry, it can’t be done. Though I have come close on multiple occasions), it’s worth stopping in and experiencing at least once!



The teenage dream... and Vanessa Hudgens;) 

6 comments:

Карина said...

Great post!!)

Unknown said...

Beautiful foto!!!

Dascha said...

Nice pictures <3

xoxo
www.its-dash.com

Карина said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danny said...

Vanessa is so cool and pretty :) loved the pictures!

Caro * said...

Great ! Vanessa is beautiful :)

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog