Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

WEEKEND ON THE FARM



            Well if anyone had any doubts that I am a city girl at heart, a recent expedition to the midlands of England should expel any residual uncertainty. A friend of mine who studies at Uni in LA came to visit me in London. Her Mom grew up and now lives in a small town called Melton Mowbray, near Nottingham, and graciously invited the two of us up for a weekend. Little did I know that a "weekend in the country" was code for uncompensated manual labor. 

            Honestly, I admire people who live in the country. People always ask me if living in the city is hard or scary, but I think it’s just the opposite. Silence and too much open spaces are what really terrify me. I need the constant orchestra of traffic, drunken brawls, and noise restaurants to keep my sane. 

            Nonetheless a weekend on a farm was something new and really got me out of my comfort zone. I rode a horse! I caught a runway (naughty) chicken! I fed the birds! The only downside was getting very excited about these accomplishments and then witnessing my friend’s three-year-old cousin do the same things in half the time. Living on top of a 24/7 Duane Reade has really sheltered me from the real world, huh?



We also took a side trip to the lovely town of Eton: Let it be known that should I ever have a son he will be getting shipped off here for school. 


2 comments:

Shaira Manalo said...

Wow, what a nice leave and experience. I use to go to my grandparents' farm every weekend and i love it there. I love the photos you shared. :)

Have a great day!

xoxo,
SHAIRA
www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

Kelly Sepulveda said...

Im a city girl at heart as well but i think a weekend in the countryside, is great to get your thoughts in order and disconnect a bit from the world.
I loved the photo sith the more.

xoxo
Kelly

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog