As you can tell from my recent post, I am really into the whole menswear for women trend but I never really liked the idea of girls wearing oxford. I thought it was all a bit weird. But lately I have changed my mind, I mean they go with everything they look professional enough for the office and they can be just really sexy. I like the heel version with the open toe especially. The silver ones are also really cool but are rather hard to pull off (if worn wrong they have a high possibility of looking like tap shoes) To play it safe with your first pair, I would go with plain white ones with a something feminine (like cutouts) like those at the bottom of this post from lagarconne.com . To be worn with skinny jeans, short skirts (looks best if the skirt is brightly colored or baby blue) and looser tops.
- Caroline Mason
- Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.
- ► 2015 (49)
- ► 2014 (51)
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (408)
- SNOW DAY
- Is It Wrong...? to want to stay at home just looki...
- Nothing like the weekend...
- Miss. Alexa Chung
- what the stars of valentines day should wear to th...
- What is a teen sleuth supposed to wear?
- Megan Fox
- The greatest pair of oxfords:
- Style Icon: Chloe Senigny
- Quote of the day
- The Girl who dreams about Proenza and Prada
- Top shoes of 2009
- 67th Golden Globes style review
- Alexis in WWD
- ▼ January (14)