Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Back Issues

Thanksgiving break can not come soon enough, I am dying to have some time to catch up on everything - my stack of WWDs is up to something like 40 now. Today I've been catching up on some of my back issues of magazines; I'm still on August issues of some things. So I might be posting a few old editorials the next few weeks- but they'll be worth it.
A few magazines I've been reading this morning. There aren't too many because it usually takes me at least an hour to read one magazine. I kind of memorize each issue.

Vogue August 2010.
My friend who wants to be an actress was talking about how if she were to be in a movie she would want Reese Witherspoon to be her "movie mom." Not that I can act much beyond white lies but if I were to have a 'movie mom' it would be Gwyneth Paltrow. I can't wait to see Country Strong and get her new cookbook out next Spring.

Vogue October 2010.
I think Carey Mulligan is one of the most adorable people out there. I kind of just want to give her a hug. Plus her style is amazing - she is one of the few celebrities to try out bold prints like the Prada beach scenes, or the Christopher Kane star-y night prints .
Its kind of weird how I am so obsessed with fashion yet my absolute favorite part of Vogue is the nostalgia section. I wish they would put out a book of all their past nostalgia sections to be published...

Allure September 2010.
I'm not really a fan of beauty magazines; allure is one of the few semi-fashion related magazines that I don't subscribe to but a friend gave me a copy so I've been reading it and it is actually pretty good. I usually skip through the beauty sections of magazines to get to the good part but every now and then there is something that really interests me there. I'm not a fan of the Kardashians though, but I do think they dress really well for reality TV stars.

W September 2010.
I have at least 5 copies of this magazine- they were giving them away in almost every shop in Southampton this summer and I just can't turn down a free magazine. I love W - the counterpart to WWD. Its one of the many magazines which is solely based on the fashion industry and things going on as well as editorial shoots.

TeenVogue November 2010.
I love teenvogue- especially the articles about how to get into the industry and people who are already working in the industry which this issue is full of. I finally got my TeenVogue handbook after having a library copy out for almost 10 months.
I love her books (the L.A. Candy series) and I went to her book signing a few weeks ago at Barnes & Noble. Ill post the pictures in a minute.



No comments:

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog