Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Theory of Evolution spread; ELLE may 2010

I got the newest ELLE US in the mail today. While I don't have enough time to read the entire thing tonight, I just flipped though and saw the most amazing shoot titles 'Theory of Evolution'. Shot by photographer Carter Smith and modeled by Olga Sherer the feature is nothing if not perfection. I especially like it because it is set in the Natural History Museum in New York City where I used to go all the time as a little girl with my parents and on school field trips. I was always completely in awe of the detail and beauty of it all. Like the massive blue whale hanging from the ceiling for example, or the creepy hallways of the dark Asian hallway. But my favorites were always the butterfly exhibit and the dinosaur reaching up to the amazing ceiling right when you first walk in. My little brother even spent the night there for his friend's birthday party a few years ago.
The second reason I love this feature so much, is of course, the amazing couture floor lenght gowns. They even have the ultimate ball gown I talk so often about - the gorgeous purple Givenchy dress Zoe Saldana wore to the Oscars. I guess it that just that time of year to be shopping for a show stopping dress for the fashion crowds what with the Met gala coming up!

(all scans via trendhunter.com)

3 comments:

Fernanda Lucila said...

Ohh, I love the Givenchy dress, too!
And everyone I know dislikes it ... it makes me so sad :(
Great blog (:

http://onethousandsixty.blogspot.com
http://lookbook.nu/fernandalucila

Sarah said...

Must have been amazing to model in the empty museum! Love that place! The purple Givenchy is to die for xx

OooKellyNicky said...

Fabulous purple Givenchy dress. So beautiful.

my blog: ♥La Stylin Girraffe♥

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog