Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

my attempt at a version of the DKNY top Amanda Seyfried is wearing on the cover of TEENVOGUE:


I try to draw every night - actually this one was sketched by me earlier in the year. I saw it on the DKNY runway from September fashion week and wanted something like it but not excatly in the style that Donna Karen sent down the runway.
Of course, I am not in anyway copying her design - i might make it for myself but not to try and steal her idea... just because I like it a lot but I would like it more like this. Im the greatest sketcher but I love doing it - and I have to say I have improved a lot sense even September. I can now efficiently draw 2 -3 new ideas in one hour. Its the more detailed long projects I have more issues with. Thats why I am so dreading the design school (if I do choose to go to fashion college for design) applications when they ask for the 'draw one thing that inspires you in three ways' I would draw Ashley Olsen but I guess some people may see that as unoriginal. Stupid artsy schools (that I adore) that don't want their students to be too mainstream.

1 comment:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

both you and the drawing are beautiful
x

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog