Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

summary: project runway finale

Last night was the finale of season 7 Project Runway, and I must say I was really impressed. Overall, this season (much like american idol this season) has had some of worst contestants yet. To me, its not that they weren't talented. Its more that I can't even remember anyone before Amy left the show. They weren't memorable.
Beyond that though, I think that this season's final collections at Bryant Park were the best they have ever had (possibly with the exception of season 4). The designers had a clear point of view, the garments were made beautifully and there were some great ideas. The designers themselves, however were some of the most obnoxious, conceited, and loud people I have ever seen. Not just on Project Runway, I mean ever. Example? On the reunion episode, there was a little comment on how a model told Jay she didn't see him going farther than dressing overly tanned bleached blond LA girls. He, apparently, took that very personally. (keep in mind these two had never spoken to each other before) His response? "well thats why I don't work with bad teethed, thick legged models." Even my mouth dropped when he said that. And don't even get me started on Mila and Emillio (I mean who insults tim gunn?).
I like Seth Aaron's collection, it was probably the most memorable and daring. Its not all neccissarily my style but there were a few pieces I would love to wear. My favorite piece from the collection were a pair of pants that were half laxet/leather and half plaid. There was a plaid dress in black and white with a slight cowl neck that I am sure I have seen before, but other than a few other pieces like that, the inspiration seemed to be original and cool (with the giant exception of that purple 'dress'... what WAS that?)
Emilio's collection was, in my opinion, the best. I agree with Nina that it was more of a line than a collection but I though of that as a plus. I was rather confused on how they judged this season because apparently they counted the fact that Emilio would be an instant success across America as a reason for him not to win? It doesn't really make any sense to me. His coats were so obvious of an ideas but yet so genius. But was I the only one who wanted to see if Michael would say anything about the obvious similarities between their two styles. I think Micheal has already done versions of about 90% of the things Emilio sent down the runway. In saying that, I love Michael Kors so I did love this collection/line. I have to mention that gorgeous green gown he used to close the show and I do wish there was a few more stan out items like that.
Mila.... Mila. She is such a bitch. Anyone think Mila bribed her model to get a makeover to look just like her? I would be willing to bet money. As much as I hate to say it though, there were some pieces from her show that I would buy and I do actually like the whole thing. Probably better than what Jay would have shown.
As for the judges, Nina is my favorite. I love them all, Heidi is hilarious and gorgeous and I love to see what she wears every week, and Michael Kors is Michael Kors. I just think Nina knows what she is saying more than the other two. I think she really knows what critics would say, and she isn't ever afraid or apologetic of her views. She isn't as popular as some editors these days, but I'm glad she is nicer than Anna Wintour.

[klum+heidi+2010+feb+runway.jpg]
adored what Heidi was wearing, Gucci heels and dress.
kinda felt like it overshadowed the collections a bit, no?

No comments:

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog