Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Most Wanted: Mary Katrantzou's Tamale (brogue) Dress


As my longtime favorite "one to watch" from the London lineup, Mary Katrantzou delivered a collection for SS14 that was paradoxically full of whimsy and intrigue, yet expected - a description that could only be used in the context of her recent seasons, some of which boasted inspiration in postage stamps and aquariums. Her sea of poppy wallpaper florals were undoubtedly delicious, but it was this brougue-looking print that immediately caught my attention. In attempts to keep my waxing lyrical to a minimum, I'll keep it short. But be warned: I have my eye on this one, Moda Operandi... 

1. Can't you just picture Alex Chung strolling out of her East Village apartment in this? Probably on her way to flaunt her skinny legs at some trendy cafe on Bowery, I'm sure.

2. The asymmetrical back hints at the feminine physicality. It offers the perfect balance to its playful (if not ironically obvious) menswear influence. 

3. It's sure to be a conversation starter. You can't just wear this and expect not to be asked about it.

4. See mom? I don't spend all my money on shoes! 

5. This + a black cropped T-shirt on top with the turtleneck still peeking out above the neckline? Boom,   spring layering. Think about it



2 comments:

Rachna said...

I really want this now!
Lovely blog!

Happy holidays!

Relationships.College.Love

in.the.jungle.of.fashion. said...

this dress is really oringina, like it :)
what about follow wach other?
let me know :)
have a nice day and happy holidays!
xx
veronica

join the 2 GIVEAWAY on my blog:
http://in-the-jungle-of-fashion.blogspot.it/2013/12/jollychic-giveaway.html
http://in-the-jungle-of-fashion.blogspot.it/2013/12/dressale-free-christmas-giveaway-win.html

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog