Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

gloria.



"As a child, although I saw little of her, I fell in love with my mother's beauty, longing to be close to her, but there was nobody home. And later, when Naney Morgan manipulated me to fear her, I obsessed about her, conflicted by feelings of anger and hostility, yet wanting her love and approval. Estranged from her until mid-life, when I found the courage to reconcile with her, she stood before me as a stranger, tentative, passive... We never came to know each other before she died three years later, but not a day passes that I do not think about her, and as I do, my relationship with her keeps changing. Perhaps she was only capable of loving her twin sister Thelma, the mirror image of herself." - Gloria Vanderbilt


No comments:

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog