Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

John Galliano's Claridge's Christmas Tree



I might have been reluctant to post a Christmas themed post in early May, but clearly Galliano hasn't been one for any 'tis' the season' feel about it. London's storied (or maybe its just my dad who likes to tell stories about his days of staying at Claridge's or the hotel de cap) hotel. This was his second tree (and in light of recent events, probably his last for a while) for the hotel. The theme was 'Under the Sea.' It may not warm visitors hearts to see, but it certainly fits in well with the hotel's art deco lobby. I wonder if the non-christians were upset at all by this possibly un-politically-correct statement piece.

Last year's tree, also by Galliano was Ice Palace theme.

"I love to visit Claridge’s when I am in London, particularly at this time of the year – and I hope to bring a twist to the traditional tree. I want to combine the festive with the innovative, the spirit of Dior with the beauty of Claridge’s, and create something spectacular that will inspire the perfect start to the season!” - John Galliano

1 comment:

Shelby said...

thanks so much for visiting my blog! yours is great, love all the photos. I can't believe this is considered a Christmas tree... it is absolutely gorgeous! thanks for sharing. love your blog name, i'm a sucker for fairy tales <3shelby

www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

Profile

My photo
Caroline Mason: 21. Native New Yorker (and one time North Carolinian). Assistant to Derek Blasberg. Just a girl who is OCD about all things fashion, drinks way too much coffee, and has an affinity for late night talk shows and travel books. FIT class of 2016. Previously with Karla Otto PR, Lori Goldstein and Lester Garcia.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog